> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Animal Law > Pet store sold me a sick puppy

Pet store sold me a sick puppy

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 15th, 2017 on Animal Law - New York
More details to this question:
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 19th, 2017 at 9:23 PM

Under the NY Pet Lemon Law, if you have your puppy certified "unfit for purchase" by a veterinarian within 14 days of purchase, you can return the puppy to the store for a replacement pet or full refund, OR keep the puppy and be reimbursed for your veterinary expenses up to the purchase price of the pet. 

Report Abuse
Animal Law
Whether you own cats, dogs and other pets; breed animals for show and sale; raise livestock, or hunt wild animals, a host of federal, state and local laws govern animals and their welfare. Animal laws also intersect with our day-to-day lives: Can a landlord refuse to rent to you if you own a pet? Can service animals accompany their owners into places where pets aren't traditionally welcome? What happens to the beloved family pet when a couple gets divorced? Whether you're an animal advocate, have been accused of animal cruelty, have a pet that's died as a result of veterinary malpractice or are concerned about the welfare of animals at a local zoo or circus, you need the help of an experienced animal law attorney.
Have an Animal Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

342 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

256 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

191 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

155 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

148 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 38 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

76 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Animal Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
J. Cutler Law

Draper, UT

| Contact Now

Fredrick & Finch LLP

McMinnville, OR

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums