> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Animal Law > I have a registered and documented emotional support animal. My condo association has given me 20 days notice to remove animal from my villa.

I have a registered and documented emotional support animal. My condo association has given me 20 days notice to remove animal from my villa.

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 21st, 2017 on Animal Law - Florida
More details to this question:
I am looking for a local attorney who can help me address this issue with my condo association. Dog is registered with the U.S. Service and Support Dog Registry. I also have a letter and notarized affidavit from my doctor regarding my need for an emotional support animal because of several mental and emotional disabilities. He is registered with the Official Service Dog Registry, internet site: and can be looked up using the following link: I need the contact information for a lawyer in my local area who can write a letter on my behalf to the condo association and their attorney. Any assistance with this request would be much appreciated.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 6:58 AM

This may be an ADA claim violation. You need to contact a lawyer in your area that does this type of legal work. If you are in the Tampa area you can contact our office for a free in office consultation to see if we can help. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Animal Law
Whether you own cats, dogs and other pets; breed animals for show and sale; raise livestock, or hunt wild animals, a host of federal, state and local laws govern animals and their welfare. Animal laws also intersect with our day-to-day lives: Can a landlord refuse to rent to you if you own a pet? Can service animals accompany their owners into places where pets aren't traditionally welcome? What happens to the beloved family pet when a couple gets divorced? Whether you're an animal advocate, have been accused of animal cruelty, have a pet that's died as a result of veterinary malpractice or are concerned about the welfare of animals at a local zoo or circus, you need the help of an experienced animal law attorney.
Have an Animal Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

350 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

155 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

100 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

78 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

77 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums